It’s especially easy to find ourselves in a slump of ungratefulness on Mondays, following the weekend. But today, I’m challenging myself (and you) to make a conscious effort to have a Magnificent Monday. Yes, it’s a choice. And, together, we can succeed!
My 10 Reasons.
1. My little guy woke up dry (an answered prayer)!
2. My little girl loves school!
3. I have a husband who works hard for our family!
4. I get to exercise with a friend for 1 hour each day! It’s a great way to stay healthy and recharge!
5. Even when it’s raining, our house keeps us warm and dry!
6. I have time and freedom to help my kids learn Bible verses!
7. My father in law is helping my husband maitenance our van this week! I’m so thankful for his ability and time, which is saving us lots of time and money! And my mother in law is watching the kids so I can see a friend and get my hair done. I’m so excited!
8. I got to make valentine cards/treats this weekend with 2 special friends. We talked and talked about God and our families. So encouraging and refreshing; I am so thankful for friends who share the Lord!
9. We have the perfect driveway for side walk chalk! Right now, there are some beautiful pictures on my front step!
10. My kids are enrolled in swim lessons and I love the mom’s I’ve met and am so thankful for their teacher. She works so hard for them and we enjoy our time at the pool so much!
When we choose to take upon ourselves an attitude of gratefulness, it is easier to keep our mental list going! We start to see more and more things…when we make it a habit to look! Your whole family can benefit from this when your attitude is spiritually transformed, especially if you talk about what you are thankful for aloud with your spouse and/or kids!
“And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony. And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom,singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs,with thankfulness in your hearts to God.” Colossians 3:14-16